Thursday, March 7, 2013

Whoa Belly!

Almost 16 weeks now. While I'm not totally in love with the idea that I'm showing much quicker this time around, I am in love with the fact that you can feel the baby much sooner with the second pregnancy. At my appointment this week the doctor asked if I could feel the baby yet. I nodded big time because I could feel this baby moving around over a month ago. And the bigger they get, the cooler it becomes; to me at least. It was one of the things I liked about my pregnancy with Mallory, so I welcome the feeling of this baby too.

I won't bore you with the details, but we're still in the process of figuring out the switch to Jody's benefits. Let's just say that my patience is being tested. So far I'm still in control but that could change by next week. If I didn't have to go through the hassle of switching doctors I wouldn't be so anxious about it, but that's not the case. And what I'm even more anxious about: the possibility of having my next appointment delayed - the appointment where I get to finally know the sex of this baby. I might have to wait even longer to know - no bueno. I found a place that does ultrasounds for $60 but I really don't know if I'm desperate enough to pay when I normally don't have to. However, if I randomly find an envelope of cash lying on the street with no one to claim it but me, I'm pretty sure I'll spend it on finding out baby's gender. And to think, there was this really small part of me that thought I might be able to wait until delivery day to find out - I laugh at myself.


2 comments:

  1. You're beautiful!!! My bump isn't like that yet. boohoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your are beautiful inside and out! If you can wait another week or so, Ted and I would love to gift you with the envelope on the sidewalk. We are excited too! Much love Mama and take good care! Please give Miss Mallory a kiss and hug from Nama and Papa. xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete