Wednesday, April 24, 2013

22 Weeks and Nesting

Half way through week 22 with baby Nolan. I'm feeling really good - finally. I still have moments of puking first thing in the morning, but I would say maybe only 2-3 times a week. That's so much better than before. I wouldn't totally be surprised if my morning sickness never completely goes away with this pregnancy. But if it stays at the level I'm at right now, I can hang just fine. I was reading somewhere not that long ago that boys can sometimes mean morning sickness comes back towards the last month or two of pregnancy, but you know what they say about reading things...

My 'nesting mode' is in full effect ever since finding Nolan's bedding fabric. Jody put together the crib over the weekend and by Sunday night I had the configuration of the furniture in order. That gave me an idea of what pieces I still needed to get for his room, which led me to my IKEA catalog where I flagged the heck out of the thing with the items I'd be considering for my upcoming trip. My mom came down yesterday morning to bring the sewing machine - and to visit of course! - so we got started on our project to-do list right away. IKEA treated us nicely by having everything I wanted to see displayed, and everything that I wanted to buy in stock. This morning was 'sewing day' for the crib skirt. It turned out AWESOME and I can't wait to share it with you - it deserves its own post. I'm constantly thinking of what I can do to make his space as personalized as possible considering he has to share it with a huge queen bed. I'm sure he won't even notice its intrusiveness anyway - and it'll teach Mallory that she has to share her play space with her little brother!


No comments:

Post a Comment