Saturday, April 13, 2013

A Pampering Date, Baby Nolan, and Nursery Ideas

Nama was ever so gracious and offered to watch Miss Mallory while I got a break for a bit yesterday; how awesome of her, huh! Having grandparents close by is awesome. So for my alone time, I got to spend it with a good friend that I haven't had the opportunity to see in quite some time; and boy had I missed her dearly. We went for some much deserved pedis at our favorite spot in Sac where I got a neon coral color that I'm in love with, and then over to sushi for lunch. Yes, I remember that I am pregnant and I am unlucky in the fact that I am not able to truly enjoy sushi the way that it is meant to be enjoyed. However, I found a roll that was safe and satisfactory nonetheless - I asked them to torch it a little longer for me.

While at the salon getting our toes spoiled, I found myself noticing a moment that reminded me that I'm a mom. I've been going to the park so much with Mallory lately so they found a bunch of sand underneath my nails. Too bad I couldn't have blamed it on sand from Maui like in the picture below. Which then got me thinking of when Jody and I went to Maui last November and how awesome that vacation was. And that memory got me thinking that I never finished posting pictures from that beautiful vacation; I need to do that because they're worth sharing.

Maui sand in November

We got to see baby boy Thursday morning for our 20 week ultrasound. It's a long and at times uncomfortable appointment, especially when Nolan decides to be so chill that they had to flip me and poke me quite a bit just to get some of the shots they needed. But he looks good and is healthy as can be. He's measuring a week ahead of my due date...big boy on our hands? Maybe that explains why my belly is popping out so far. You'll remember that we took Mallory with us to this appointment and you'll be surprised to hear she didn't last long before she was bored and wanted to be somewhere more fun...oh wait, you're not surprised? Neither am I! But it was worth the try for her to see her baby brother; she's still too young to truly comprehend what she was witnessing.

I've compared Nolan's 20 week pictures to Mallory's and there really isn't a huge difference between them. Nolan's forehead appears to not be so prominent and his nose is more pointy; I think this little boy is going to look more like me. Now we'll just have to wait to see the color of his hair and eyes, but I'm betting on brown. He's currently sitting in a breach position but it doesn't matter because I'll be having another C-section. After the ordeal that I went through laboring Mallory it's going to be much easier to just go straight into a C-section this time. And knowing that I went well past my due date with Mal, I'm not worried this time that I'll be going into labor early so it makes the planner part of me content that I'll have a better idea of when to expect Nolan to arrive.

Our little boy

I still haven't fully started getting into 'nesting mode' when it comes to planning for Nolan and what I'll be doing for his nursery. Part of the reason is because we're still finishing up some house projects and one of them is in his room, so I can't really go in there and start on things until it's finished. Jody says he'll finish it this weekend and I'm going to hold him to it because his crib has been ordered and it's set to arrive next week. I'm doing things a little different than I originally thought when it comes to his room; because we have a three bedroom house I was going to create a shared space for Nolan and Mallory in one room so we could keep our guest bedroom. But the more I thought about it the more I didn't like the idea. So his room will be part of the guest bedroom. His crib is a mini-crib instead of a full-size crib, so we're able to still keep the bed that's in the room. This will make it much easier for me in the beginning when I'm having to check on him every couple of hours and I want somewhere close to lay down.

The only downside to dealing with a mini-crib versus a full-size crib is the bedding. I can't find mini-crib bedding that I like to save my life unless I want to pay crazy amounts of money, which I refuse to do. So thanks to ideas from Pinterest, I'll be making my own bedding for his crib. I picked out a fabric that I like but I'm not completely sold on it yet; there's a better fabric store in Rocklin that I want to go to before I make any final decisions. And with the crib's arrival next week, I'll be able to start sewing things together shortly. I'm really looking forward to this project and can't wait to see how it turns out.

Fabric in the running for a crib skirt

4 comments:

  1. Nama was honored to spend time with Miss Mallory. She is such a joy! Very happy that you are remembering Maui. We hope to go back soon? I'm a phone call away~ love you all~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make your own bedding?! Impressive. I think Beverly's in rocklin has a lot of cute fabric. Good luck, can't wait to see what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to Nama for giving you a "retreat"! Nolan's "pic" is different than Mallory's, I got out yours Jackie, and I was so sad to see that it has totally faded away, cannot see any details anymore, just my memory! He looks pretty cute so far and I think that is your nose this time...exciting to get ready to welcome another little bundle of joy. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving that fabric, now I can understand your vision for the color theme.

    ReplyDelete