Friday, April 19, 2013

Found It!

I finally found the fabric that will be my inspiration piece for Nolan's bedding, YAY! It took me a trip to Joann's, a trip to Beverly's in Rocklin, a trip to Hancock's along with another trip to Beverly's but in Citrus Heights, and then an impromptu trip back to Joann's because I felt like the first time I went I was overlooking something. And I was right because I don't remember seeing this fabric the first time and as soon as I saw it I knew it was the one. It's light blue, lime green, gray, and white. One of the things that I really like about these colors together is I can add just about any accent color to go along with it. It's bright yet soft for a baby, and I love that the pattern still feels masculine like the chevron print did for me. And to top it off, it's the cheapest fabric per yard than any other sample I contemplated, score.

I am beyond excited and can't wait to start putting the rest of his room ideas together. I picked up the crib yesterday and will have Jody put it together this weekend. My mom wasn't able to come like we had planned - either really bad allergies or she's sick, bummer big time. So now she'll come next week and we'll be able to get to sewing. You can't see me, but I'm dancing in my chair from elation!

2 comments:

  1. super nice colors, we will have to tell Nolan how important he is to search for "just the right one"! XOXO to Mallory too, I miss squeezing her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Jac, I love it! If you girls need some help next week, it is my Kaylee off week! Lunch, shopping? xo

    ReplyDelete