Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Road Trip Fail

I attempted my first road trip with both kids on Monday up to my mom's house, but I didn't succeed. As soon as I left Folsom Nolan started crying. And even with my multiple tries of reaching over to the backseat to put his pacifier back in his mouth, I couldn't get him to stop. So I kept driving and hoped that he would eventually stop on his own. But after 30 straight minutes of it I decided I couldn't keep going. Not only for the sanity of Mallory and I having to listen to the screaming, but also for little man too. I can't imagine crying for that long is good for his vocal cords, plus all the extra gas crying can create. It was just not going to happen the way that I had envisioned it. Too early still for Mr. Nolan. Maybe when he actually doesn't mind being in the car it will work better.

So since we were all the way up Highway 65 we called auntie Sasha and told her we were coming over. Mallory was pretty bummed that we weren't going to Mamaw's house anymore so I knew going to Sasha's would be a nice distraction to get her mind off of being disappointed. And of course as soon as we got out of the car and into the house, Nolan fell asleep - little booger. Though I can't blame him because he was super comfortable all set up on a plush Giraffe chair; I'd fall asleep on that thing too.


3 comments:

  1. Nolan, you look SO innocent! Mamaw & Papa Tom were disappointed that our Mallory & Nolan & Jackie could not make it, but we understand the situation and are working on another "retreat" possibility so we can share time with all of you. Life is good and God is awesome, He will work it out! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer Mama! These are the best pictures so far! I understand how hard it can be to travel with kiddos, so I choose to travel at night. Ask Jody sometime about his road trips in his PJs sometime. Less pee stops! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks right at home in his cute comfy new seat :-) I'm so glad he likes it, I was so happy to spend the time with you guys! Even if little old man face was in a bit of a mood lol

    ReplyDelete