Friday, September 13, 2013

Rough Week

This week has been a little bit of a rough one for me. Started out good and progressively became harder with each day. Today I finally shed some tears. Sometimes I can forget that it feels good to cry; to let it out and not just keep it in. I find it's too easy to view crying during the difficult moments a small sign of failure. So we - or at least I - tend to keep the tears held in. But this afternoon while the kids were sleeping was my moment to let it out. And then proceed to vent to Jody about it when he got home from work. It felt good afterwards. I even had moments of laughter as I explained my frustrations. These harder moments of parenthood come in phases and don't last forever; that is a piece of advice that I have received from other parents and have learned from experience with Mallory. But that still doesn't mean we won't endure a test to our emotions. Makes us stronger in the end. If there's something that I've noticed since becoming a mom of two: silence - like true silence - is so much more golden now!

Here are a few pictures I took of baby Nolan to use for his announcement. They were my attempt at newborn-style photos. I wish I had a bigger blanket that was a better color, but I still like the way these turned out.



2 comments:

  1. Dear Jackie, I am glad you let some tears flow, I wanted to encourage you with one of the shortest scriptures in the Bible: "Jesus wept".God designed tears for us to relieve, express and renew us. Life is hard at times, but we would not know the good times unless we had perspective! Hills and Valleys, and talk to God when those tears need to fall...it works too. I Love You Daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tears are a good thing My sweet Jac! I am so thankful you had your moment ,more over I am thankful Jody had a listening ear! I still remember going from one to two, and I don"t remember much of anything anymore about the past! I believe I remember because it was soooooooo challenging for me! I love being a mother, like you, and like you, I poured myself into my family!!!!!!! Thus, nothing left for myself. Tears are healthy sweetheart! Now let's see that mommy has sometime to have HER quiet time! I'm here honey! We love you and are so proud of the mother you are! xo

    ReplyDelete