Thursday, September 5, 2013

Two Week Check Up

Nolan had his official two week check up with the doctor this morning. He is now 8 pounds, 8 ounces and 21 inches long. Growing right along, he falls within the 50th percentile with all his measurements. Crazy that he's already so different than Mallory who was always in the 80-90th percentiles. Wouldn't be surprised if Mallory ends up being a little bigger than her brother as they grow, though I'm sure there will come a day when Nolan surpasses her.

I am still captivated with this little man and sometimes find myself amazed at how well he's doing. He is just as easygoing as he was in the beginning, a trait that I hope never goes away. He's doing great at night and usually goes three hours in between feedings. I've even managed to get him on the same daytime nap pattern as Mallory so I can take advantage of catch up sleep should I need it. At first he was sleeping so much that I almost thought something might be wrong with him and I remember sometimes staring at him to make sure he was breathing. I was used to how Mallory never slept that I figured that's how it was supposed to be. He is definitely a momma's boy but that's not surprising because even Mallory was that way with me in the beginning. He'll tend to get a little more fidgety with others than me, and then as soon as he's back in my arms he'll calm down. He loves to be held so my arms are getting a nice daily workout. I've also resorted to using the sling and carrier a lot around the house just so I can have both of my hands free. Though I am pretty good at doing things one-handed and even using my toes if I have to; it's a talent that I'm sure all moms possess.

As far as my recovery goes, I'm doing well. My incision site is still pretty sore but that doesn't totally surprised me considering I know that I have pushed the limits since coming home from the hospital. I just can't help myself as I have a hard time just sitting on my butt when there are things that need to be done and taken care of, and I know that I'm capable of doing most things on my own. I have been pretty good about not lifting and picking up heavy things, including Mallory which is hard because I don't want her to feel left out. But she's been really good at understanding that I have an owie on my tummy that prevents me from doing so. Other than the soreness I feel great. I get outside with the kiddos quite a lot to get some walking in. I'm already feeling antsy about wanting to run again but until the soreness is gone I won't push it; I don't need to regress at this point. For now I'm satisfying my running desire by looking into upcoming half marathons to pick as a goal and I'm sure I'll squeeze in some smaller races as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment