Sunday, July 18, 2010

Dancing for Jesus

One of the things that I love about living in Folsom: Lakeside Church. I was first introduced to Lakeside when I lived in Folsom in 2003. It was right across the street from my apartment complex so I decided to give it a try for the convenience of it. And though at that time in my life I didn't attend church regularly, I do remember liking it when I did go. So when we moved to Folsom in 2009, I knew that was where I wanted to start going again; this time on a regular basis.

Our pastor Brad Franklin is great. He's a down to earth guy who totally has the ability to make everyone feel comfortable. I enjoy the way that he delivers the message making it easy for us to understand how to apply it to every day life. The other leader at Lakeside that I admire is Gabe Wilson. He leads worship and is awesome at what he does. Sunday morning worship is truly like going to a concert and he is so good at getting the audience involved in worshiping. He reminds us that that's why we're there; to worship God and praise him. As soon as you walk in the doors and hear the band, it's hard not to start dancing for Jesus. I love the music at Lakeside.

The past month or so I've noticed that someone else loves the music at Lakeside; Mallory. Every single time we get there and she hears the music, she literally starts moving around like crazy. I've come to the conclusion that she is definitely dancing for Jesus because when I play loud music at home or in my car, she doesn't react like she does when we go to church. It totally brings a smile to my face and I can't wait to see her dance outside of my belly!

No comments:

Post a Comment