Monday, July 12, 2010

In the Homestretch

Today officially marks my third and final trimester. I am now in the homestretch to meeting our little girl and can't wait. I started off my third trimester with a perfect morning run that felt really good. As I was walking to cool down, I thanked Mallory for allowing me to continue to do an activity that I love. It's a good thing for the both of us and I'm pretty sure by now she's used to the bouncing around that she endures. While the process of getting her here was more difficult than I imagined it would be, I have been so blessed with a pregnancy that I am thoroughly enjoying.

Even though I know that I still have up to another 12 weeks to go, to me I'm definitely in the homestretch because the next 12 weeks are going to fly by just as quickly as the first 28 already have. We still have so much to do to prepare for Mallory's arrival and it's all going to be a lot of fun: finishing the nursery, the baby shower, a few classes at the hospital. And though I pray that she's not any later than my due date, I also hope that she's not too early. I know that we'll never be 100 percent prepared for her arrival, but I still would like the time to finish the important tasks. Cheers to my last trimester!

1 comment:

  1. Your hair is so long! (me: jealous) And I can't believe you are still running, that is amazing.

    ReplyDelete