Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thursday Night Street Market

This evening we went to historic Folsom for the last night of their Thursday Night Street Market with Jamie and Kaylee. Even though we live in Folsom, I actually totally forgot about the Street Market until Jamie asked us if we wanted to go. I remember when I first lived in Folsom in 2003 my friends and I would go all of the time. It's in a different spot than it was back then because they're reconstructing Sutter Street. Now they have it down in the parking lot area behind Sutter Street which actually allows for more vendor booths and doesn't obstruct traffic as much.

Jody and I decided to ride our bikes up there to meet Jamie and Kaylee since it's only a few miles from our house. It's been a little while since I've ridden my bike and it's definitely gotten more awkward now that my belly is bigger. Leaning over would cause my knees to bump into my belly a little yet when I would try and sit back further I could barely reach the handle bars. I guess this means I'll have to retire my extreme mountain biking skills until Mallory gets here. Though it was still warm when we left the house it was a nice ride into old town. The ride home was nice and cool - I enjoy summer nights.

We walked around and looked at all the vendor booths searching out the things we just couldn't live without. Of course Kaylee was able to find a bunch of things that she wanted - kids are so good at that. I did come across some really cute baby-sized Keds bedazzled in turquoise that came with a leopard print onesie to match that I thought was really adorable. I don't know if I could actually dress Mallory in that much loudness, but I'm sure once she's here my tastes will change. Kaylee got lots of free swag that somehow we all ended up carrying. There was gold panning, old fashioned ragdoll making, and a jump house to keep us busy. And of course a trip to Snooks for some ice cream.

It was a really nice way to spend some time outside with the family on a night that would have normally been just spent inside doing nothing terribly important. Good idea Jamie, and thanks Folsom for keeping the Thursday Night Street Market tradition alive in our community!

No comments:

Post a Comment