Monday, July 12, 2010

Excitement from a Calendar

This past weekend I finally finished cleaning and organizing the guest bedroom and nursery closets. I put together an organizer shelf in Mallory's closet that has six cubbies, now I just need to get some of the fabric storage bin holders to put in them. I'm not completely done though as I still need to get baby hangers and other little closet organizers. But her closet is empty and ready for everything baby - minus my wedding dress because it's the only spot in the house that it will fit, but I'm sure she won't mind.

The guest bedroom closet already had a built-in shelf organizer that I didn't really care for at first but now I totally love it. It's so much easier than just a bunch of plastic storage bins stacked on top of one another. Especially when you need to pull something out of one of the bins, you don't have to completely redo the entire stack.

While I was cleaning and organizing things to put into the closet, I came across my dry erase calendar that I love oh so much. Unfortunately my calendar has been quite neglected since moving into our house because we never really established where our office was going to permanently exist. Now that we know it will remain downstairs I was able to figure out a place on the wall to display my calendar. After a quick adjustment to the desk location I found just the spot. Measured out where to put the nails, hammered away, hung the calendar up, and went to town on filling it out for the month of July. A good 15 minutes later I stood back with a big smile on my face. Yes, I know that I'm weird that I get excitement from a calendar. Having it there makes me feel so much better that I'll be able to actually remember things that are going on - pregnancy brain already makes me forget too much so I'm relying on my calendar to help me in that area. Now I just need to get more dry erase pens that actually work - it's been so long since I've used them black and green were the only ones that still had ink. Welcome back dry erase calendar!

No comments:

Post a Comment