Sunday, July 4, 2010

Independence Day

We finally got a flag to fly outside our house. After going through Memorial Day and not having one I swore I would get one in time for the 4th of July. Even with my pregnancy forgetfulness, I remembered to pick one up while at Walmart the other day and had Jody help me set it up. The fact that more of our neighbors don't fly a flag around important American holidays is kind of sad to me. Maybe our actions will make them realize they need to step it up - I'll give them til Labor Day before I start knocking on their doors to question their patriotism.

Happy 4th of July and thank you to all of our men and women who have fought - and continue to fight - to keep freedom in America alive! A soldier's commitment and bravery to serve our country is one of the most unselfish things a person can choose to do. They are the true definition of a hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment